Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And next time, think before talking!

Aroma of the basmati,
lightness of the banter,
eagerness to fit in,
a blank moment,
an innocent comment,
all round laughter
and a warm adieu
to the wonderful evening.

An instant before the comment,
a small thought about it,
too close she was,
I thought,
to mind me,
too much did she know,
to doubt me.

Another evening,
another week,
a normal call
with a sad message.
The comment was too personal,
may be because of too much
closeness.

Some time away
to think about it.
Too close we were
to ever express
the real depth.
Beauty is in not saying it aloud
that you are special
and this friendship is sacred.

And it was just a stupid joke
gone all wrong.

4 comments:

Blade bala said...

Only moments separate or bring-together a relationship. Lovely poem man! Especially the first stanza was amazingly picturized.
My favourite lines

"An instant before the comment,
a small thought about it,
too close she was,
I thought,
to mind me,
too much did she know,
to doubt me."

You just made my evening too sad!

Venkat C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Venkat C said...

hmm..yeah learnt it the hard way..cant take anything/anybody for grantaed :(

KP said...

Wish my friend read this too..