Thursday, May 31, 2007

Reflections

There were the best moments.
And there were the worst.
Some dreams were denied.
Better ones were granted.
Some regrets remain.
Connecting the dots backwards,
they all line-up.
New questions have come up.
Old ones have been answered.
Best gifts are not physical anymore.
A word of comfort
more than made up for the day.
Revelations help the ego.
Once the "whys" are answered,
all that is left is awe.
Meandering it may seem,
uphill it may be,
next step may take eons,
summit is beautiful.
At the crossroads
I stand.
There are infinite ways to live.
The one I love
is the most elusive.

4 comments:

P said...

wonderful!

Venkat C said...

Thank you, Perspective!

Blade bala said...

Oh man! Where is your feet? I want to touch it man!
"Best gifts are not physical anymore.
A word of comfort
more than made up for the day."
Can't say the truth in better words!
Amazing poem!

Venkat C said...

Hey Bala,
Thank u..yes its the truth..and I wrote it on my bday and the best gift I got was a word of comfort from a long time friend...