Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I hate...

Mathangi, as usual :D, has tagged me… I hate to hate. I think it is a waste of time. Either I love or I dont care. Hating something or somebody is inefficient. But, like most of the times in my life, I know what is right but cannot seem to implement it. So I do hate some people and some things. So lets go.

YOUR MOST HATED…
BEVERAGE:Beer. I can't understand how people can drink this. One of my friends does not drink red wine because it is bitter but can gulp down beers. Funny world, funny people.
COLOR:White. It is so plain. Its not pure as people say. It reflects all colors. It is as impure as a spectrum.
TOWN/CITY:Any cold cities or cities where it rains always like Chicago or Boston or Seattle.
MOVIE: Butterfly effect. I think the director needs to join an asylum.
ANIMAL:RAT!
SEASON: Winter without a partner. Summer without an AC. Spring without the vacation. Fall without the camera.
ASPECT OF TALKING ON THE PHONE: Sometimes I think its a form of Matrix. What if I invent an machine which can mimic my voice and call home everyday. And what if I die after that? Will they realize? Ha ha. The machine has to be very intelligent though.
ASPECT OF WATCHING TV OR MOVIES: They switch my mind off.
ASPECT OF EATING IN RESTAURANTS:Noisy and on the other extreme, someone from the next table overhearing our conversation.
ASPECT OF SHOWERING: That it has to end.
ASPECT OF DATING: Selecting the place, deciding what to wear, thinking what to talk and the worst part, listening.
ASPECT OF THE BEACH: Dealing with heaps of sand in everything from the pockets to the socks to the car.
ASPECT OF THE GROCERY STORE:I hate all aspects of this.
HOUSEHOLD CHORE: Everything.
HABIT IN OTHERS?Being superficial.
HABIT OF YOURS? Spending and preferring to spend way too much time analysing myself.
THING ABOUT WOMEN? Shopping! (Generalizing)
THING ABOUT MEN? Being desperate for women.(me too)
WHAT’S ANNOYING YOU TODAY? Having to make choices. Sometimes, choice is a luxury. Most of the times, it is a burden.
I tag everybody on my sidebar.

17 comments:

mathi said...

I have been reading this chain of "What I hate" tagging..and urz is certainly the most interesting..superbly written :)i loved the one on seasons ;)

Venkat C said...

Hi Mathi,

Thanks a lot. For the seasons part, it was just a after-thought. Initial answer was just "Winter". Then I realized why I hate winter. :D Welcome to the blog! I have the read first half of the story on your blog. I love it. I hope I complete the rest soon.

-Venkat

mathi said...

Sure,thanks for reading it and am not certainly much into blogging per se the blog was created for me by a friend of mine and posted there by the same friend.I shall try updating it in the days to come.

mathi said...

Sure,thanks for reading it and am not certainly much into blogging per se the blog was created for me by a friend of mine and posted there by the same friend.I shall try updating it in the days to come.

Anonymous said...

//Sometimes, choice is a luxury. Most of the times, it is a burden// ... so true :)

KP said...

Exactly Nas ..and FJ
that choice part is the one I enjoyed most..It juz reflected i used to think ..

the innovation i desperately want in the future is some brilliant Decision making system which can take decisions on our behalf.

Venkat C said...

@MAthi
Looking forward for some great posts from u.

@Nas
Very true. A late realization is that sometimes rationaliizing a choice is much tougher than the choice intself.

@KP
Yeah, such an innovation is needed. But can feelings be understood by the machine? Many decisions are not purely made by cold logic.

P said...

Strange but I absolutely love chicago, boston and seatlle! :) Now, Chennai, thats a city I dislike!!

Venkat C said...

I agree with u that Chennai sucks to be objective! but I grew up there and there are a lot of memories which are associated with that city and so I cannot hate it as of now. :D

Venkat C said...

And welcome to the blog :D

her said...

Mathi's blog has been updated by the loyal old friend.. hehe! ;)

Vivek said...

Part 2 up dude...thanks for dropping by

akp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
akp said...

Dropping in by your blogspot after a long time... It was a nice read... (especially the aspect of dating, "and the worst part, listening")... reading your blog reminds me of the college days...

Venkat C said...

HEy AKP, welcome da. college memories are always evergreen.

Blade bala said...

Man I liked the season description a lot! 100% agreement with your thought on that!

Venkat C said...

Thanks Balaji.. That one seems to be liked by everybody who read this..